Sanding PolyShrink has never been so fast! These easy to hold abrasive coated foam blocks can be used again and again. They're even washable.
Each block measures 1 inch square x 3.75 inches long. Grit equivalent- 400 grit.
Packaged in a pack of 2.
Working with sanded PolyShrink has many advantages, and by using the sanding method below, you can have a whole sheet sanded to perfection in under 20 seconds!
- Greatly expands your possible choices of art materials
- Makes PolyShrink look "mysterious", rather than "plasticky"
- Gives durability to your pieces since color is "baked in" rather than "baked on"
- Helps prevent stamps from slipping as you stamp
See technique below~
- Sand while standing.
- Sand on a very stable surface like a sturdy table or kitchen counter.
- Sand with the sheet on an oversized surface you don't need to be concerned about damaging. Try a large plastic cutting board or oversized piece of light colored mattboard.
- Keep sanding media that you've used for sanding Black PolyShrink separate from what you use for the other PolyShrink types.
Suggested Sanding Media:
- Lucky Squirrel Sanding Blocks
- Other abrasive coated foam blocks
- Favorite flat sandpaper - 3M™ Wet-or-Dry
Look for sandpaper and foam blocks at hardware and paint stores. For most applications, use between 320- 400 grit. For finer sanding, try 600 grit.
Certain coloring media like colored pencils look very different depending on the sanding it's applied over.
Using a finer grit (600) will result in a paler application of pencil. Conversely, using a coarse grit (320-400 grit) gives a very dense, vibrant application.